Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Month of Facts about Dru: Day Fourteen

Today's true story:

My earliest coherent memory is the time my dad gave me a haircut and cut into my ear.

I wasn't even two years old yet, but I still remember this fairly vividly. We were in the garage and I must have been incapable of sitting still. My dad accidentally cut my ear, and I started bleeding like crazy. I didn't cry, though, probably because I was too stupid to realize I was hurt. The thing that makes this memory stand out is how I remember my mom yelling at my dad. I remember being confused because I had no idea why my mom was so angry. She made my dad drive me to the emergency room, but about halfway there, my dad changed his mind and we went home. That's where the memory ends.

I just spent fifteen minutes trying to see if I could come up with some insightful or somehow witty commentary to go along with this brief yarn. Nope. Nothing. Guess I'm not creative enough tonight. Sorry.

Maybe next time, baby.

No comments: