Friday, November 12, 2010

I Is for Imagination

Sometimes, when I am sitting in the passenger's seat while someone is driving on the freeway, I imagine what it would be like if I grabbed the steering wheel and swerved into the divider. I wonder how hard I would have to swing the wheel to cause us to hit the divider at an angle to do some real damage. I wonder how much it would hurt.

I imagine scraping against the divider for a few meters before wildly spinning around and getting slammed by the cars behind us, who don't have time to react. I imagine metal smashing into metal, glass shattering, fuel tanks leaking, and someone's lit cigarette landing on a puddle of spilled gasoline. I imagine being trapped by a malfunctioning seatbelt, with a few broken bones in my body, in a burning wreck of a car. Would I die with my eyes opened or closed?

I imagine how simple and easy it would be to grab the steering wheel unexpectedly from someone. I imagine how tidy and tragic death would be. I imagine going home.

I don't have a deathwish. I just like to imagine. Sometimes, that's all I can do. It's all I can do to feel alive.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hm, there might be other ways to feel alive? Like jumping into to a mountain of pillows one story high! (ahah I have done that.)

And I like your new colors for the layout. It makes it easier to read.