Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Top 5 Favorite Players in the NBA

1. Chris Paul (Strong-Willed) - This guy shares the same first name as me, or should I say I share the same first name as him? Anyhow, I like how he is representing all the Chris' with outstanding basketball play. Dang man, I just saw him rip the ball right from Deron Williams' pocket the other day. Incredible. He also has the ability to will his team to win, probably the most valuable trait any player can have.

2. Brandon Roy (Young Leader) - I had a friend who traveled to Oregon, and he caught a Trail Blazers game. What he simply told me was, "Brandon Roy is a baller." During my days at Davis, I tried to emulate Dwayne Wade's moves. Now, I want to emulate Roy's moves. Roy is sneaky good, without any weaknesses to his game. Even though he is only in his 2nd year in the NBA, his best ability is probably his leadership, as for awhile he was leading a young Portland Trail Blazers team (avg. age <25) into a possible playoff position in the deep Western Conference.

3. Tracy McGrady (Contagious Fun) - Dude, this guys jump shot is so beautiful and fluid. Can score in bunches, yet has a terrific knack for setting up his teammates for easy shots. When I watch McGrady play, it makes me smile, because it looks like he is having so much fun out there. Thats what I like about McGrady, an all-star player who enjoys playing the game and isn't afraid to show it by smiling on the court. I think this helps keep his teammates loose too, helping them play their best.

4. Manu Ginobili (Reckless Winner) - The guy flails his body on offense and defense. He is a gritty player, and I think its great when he runs into the lane and throws up a crazy shot that goes in. Reminds me of when I recklessly drive in, only I turn it over or throw up an ugly brick. I won't forget the Finals when Ginobili ate the Pistons alive with some nasty dunks. Ginobili is a winner wherever he has gone, with Argentina and with the Spurs.

5. Peja Stojakovic (Assassin of Opponent's Hope) - There will always be a soft spot in my heart for Peja. During his time with the Kings, he was my favorite player. Every time the guy misses a shot, something just doesn't seem right. Once the ball leaves his hand, I think its going in. I think opposing teams have that same thought as well. Peja always seems up to the task with hitting a 3 in the 4th quarter that completely deflates the opponent's will while elevating his own team's morale. Predrag Stojakovic. Someone should name their son or daughter Predrag.

No comments: